Kelly is offering a 150-hour, advanced teacher training program for professional yoga teachers who wish to deepen their teaching practice and advance their own skills of practice and self-inquiry.
This program includes live, virtual classes; virtual group processing and one-on-one sessions with Kelly Sunrose, ERYT-500, YACEP, as well an add-on option for a live, immersive teaching & practice retreat in Hawaii (additional 30 hours).
Graduates of the program will gain the skills, knowledge and practice in teaching ethically and authentically.
This advanced teacher training consists of a cohort of no more than 10 students who work together throughout this 16-month program.
Program Mission & Values
The mission of this training is to provide resources and education for the ongoing advancement of the yoga teaching profession. Through this training, teachers will gain skills in curriculum development, classroom management and professional ethics while continuing their own deep practice using a variety of tools and methods. The program endeavors to promote the values of professionalism, inclusivity, cultural competency, psychological fluency and ongoing curiosity among a committed community of professional yoga teachers.
- March-June, 2018, Wednesdays 1-3pm PST (via ZOOM video conferencing; all sessions recorded via audio and video);
- July-August, 2018, reading & integration period: there will be homework, monthly check-in calls and group sessions;
- September-December, 2018, Wednesdays 1-3pm (via ZOOM video conferencing; all sessions recorded via audio and video);
- January-February, 2019, reading & integration period: there will be homework, monthly check-in calls and group sessions;
- March-May, 2019: Wednesdays, 1-3pm (via ZOOM);
- June, 2019: Live Retreat in Hawaii.
The training follows the following specific modules:
- Whole Yoga Synthesis/ applied philosophy
- Pranayama: Practice & Teaching/ subtle realm & teaching methods
- Bhagavad Gita/ applied philosophy
- Meditation: Practice & Teaching/ subtle realm & teaching methods
- Yoga Sutras/ applied philosophy
- The Subtle Realm: Practice & Teaching/ subtle realm & teaching methods
- SOUND-VOICE-MANTRA / subtle realm & teaching methods*
- Ayurveda: Daily Rhythms for Modern Yogis/ daily rhythms
- Sequencing/ teaching methods & the ethics of holding space
- Experiential Anatomy/ teaching methods & sequencing & ethics*
- Teaching Methods/
- Business Beyond the Basics/
- The Ethics of Holding Space/
* The bulk of these modules will be covered in the live retreat.
Every student will receive 2 hour-long private sessions with Kelly, which will be scheduled for maximum convenience and ease for both student and teacher.
- March, 2018-May, 2019 trainings are held in real-time, online.
- June, 2019 Retreat in Hawaii (food, accommodations and travel not included in training price).
- $1,500 for Online Component
- Live, immersive retreat will be separate purchase, with various options for housing, food & lodging.
Requirements for admission:
- Complete application, available here.
- This program is for certified yoga teachers with at least 3 years of regular teaching experience.
- A commitment to daily practice.
- Complete application.
- We may schedule a follow-up interview after reviewing your application. (You may also request an interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.)
- Admission is ongoing and will close a month prior to our start date: February 1, 2018.
- Once admitted, students will receive a complete schedule, reading list, contract and invoice for the program. (There is a payment plan, which must be complete prior to beginning the program.)
- We begin March 1, 2018.
Please connect with ANY and all questions: email@example.com
- I ask that you show up fully to this training. We are a small group (10 students MAXIMUM worldwide) and the teachings require your full participation. Please do not enroll if you are not fully committed.
- The materials shared in this program are yours to keep and review as often as you like. Please do not request a refund if you do not have time to participate as fully as you intend or if you must miss class for any reason.
- In the event of technology break-downs, power outages, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes or other acts of god/ unforeseen circumstances that inhibit our ability to meet in real-time, we will reschedule our planned meetings.